1. A Male dancer lifts over one and a half tonnes worth of ballerinas during performances
2. Professional ballerinas can typically wear out 2-3 pairs of pointe shoes per week
3. One tutu can cost up to about 1700 to make.
4. A tutu can require 60-90 hours of labor and approximately 100 yards of ruffle.
5. A 3 hour ballet performance is the equivalent of 2 90-minute soccer games back to back or running 18 miles.
6. Pointe shoes add around 7 inches of new height to a dancer.
7. A prima ballerina can complete 32 fouette turns all the while staying in the exact same spot on the floor. After the turns, her pointe shoe tip is HOT to the touch. Thereafter the shoes are so worn that they are typically only used for rehearsal.
- National Dance Week 2012
- Discussion of the Most Popular Ballets # 2 Swan Lake from The Cleveland Ballet
- Discussion of the Most Popular Ballets – 1 The Nutcracker from The Cleveland Ballet
- Cleveland School of Dance Spring Performance
- National Dance Week 2011
- Visit Dance Bloggers … bringing dance bloggers together
- The Most Popular Ballets of All Time …
- Peter and the Wolf + KidsFest & Garden Fairies this Saturday
Visit Dance Bloggershttp://www.dancebloggers.com a great place for all things dance!