Though the word ballet comes to English from French the art is not of French origin. Ballet, a formalized performance dance, originated in the Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century and was further developed in France, England, and Russia. The French word has its origin in the Italian word balletto, (a diminutive of ballo (dance), which comes from Latin ballo, ballare, meaning “to dance”. The Latin ballo comes from the Greek “βαλλίζω” (ballizo), “to dance, to jump about”.
- National Dance Week 2012
- Discussion of the Most Popular Ballets # 2 Swan Lake from The Cleveland Ballet
- Discussion of the Most Popular Ballets – 1 The Nutcracker from The Cleveland Ballet
- Cleveland School of Dance Spring Performance
- National Dance Week 2011
- Visit Dance Bloggers … bringing dance bloggers together
- The Most Popular Ballets of All Time …
- Peter and the Wolf + KidsFest & Garden Fairies this Saturday
Visit Dance Bloggershttp://www.dancebloggers.com a great place for all things dance!